Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
52 Washington Street
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience. Qualifying experience includes experience with community service organizations concerned with affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, civil rights or similar programs and/or experience in investigations or labor relations related to affirmative action. Two additional years of qualifying experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of qualifying experience. At least one year of qualifying experience must have been at a management or supervisory level.
Duties Description This position is in OCFS’ Equal Employment and Diversity Development (EODD) Office. EODD is charged with ensuring that OCFS’ Discrimination Prevention Policy is adhered to, as well as having responsibility for OCFS’ public, religious, and disability accommodation programsResponsibilities of this position include:
• Interacting regularly with the Office of Legal Affairs, the Bureau of Personnel, and the Office of Labor Relations.
• Investigating complaints of discrimination made against OCFS employees, reviewing relevant documentation, drafting investigative findings, and preparing administrative reports.
• Reviewing and contributiing to the determiantions made for requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilties for employees and applicants, religious accommodations for employees and applicants, and public accommodations.
• Drafting and reviewing OCFS policies owned by EODD, and owned by other Divisions as appropriate.
• Preparing and conducting trainings regarding policies owned by EODD.
• Serving as a liaison with other state entities relative to areas within EODD’s purview.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
• Travel is required.
Additional Comments Travel: 25%
• Familiarity with equal opportunity laws, rules, regulations and policies.
• Experience conducting workplace investigations.
• Ability to lead work that is inherently collaborative across multiple departments and manage tasks and assignments with competing priorities.
The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and writing skills. A writing sample must be submitted upon request from OCFS.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
52 Washington Street, 231 North
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter giving the Title, Location, and EOA Number of the position being applied for. Please provide your email address and your work, home and cell phone numbers. In order to qualify you for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by OCFS Personnel for your social security number to confirm your employment history.