Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have one year of permanent status as a Business Systems Analyst 1, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates with the score of 100 or higher on the current 2017 PCO eligible list and are eligible for appointment are encouraged to apply.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Business Systems Analyst 1/Business Systems Analyst Trainee position in the Office of Financial Management, Consolidated Business Office. The Consolidated Business Office (CBO) is responsible for consolidated cash management, purchasing, vouchering, contract and payroll services for OMH Central Office and 24 psychiatric facilities. The incumbent of the Business Systems Analyst 1 position will serve as a liaison between OMH clinical and business stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to clinical business processes, policies, and information systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and test queries through/in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and/or People Soft (PS) to assist with the reporting and processing requirements of the Consolidated Payroll Services Unit.
- Create and maintain various Access databases for the Administrative Support Team and the Contracts Unit.
- Create and maintain an Access database with the Client Worker Payroll – Bulkload System for the Operations-Bulkload Unit.
- Develop and assist with the development of the CBO’s SharePoint site as well as update/maintain securities, information, forms, and other workflows within the site.
- Create, run, and maintain reports from various data sources.
- Conduct general research and information gathering related to business requirements for improvement or automation of simple business processes or functions.
- Research and document the current or "as-is" state of the relevant business process or function.
- Utilize basic requirement elicitation techniques such as individual interviews, surveys, and documentation reviews to develop workflow processes.
- Create reports and/or flow charts describing current business workflow and processes.
- Train end user staff on new procedures and software after creating training and procedure manuals.
- Perform post implementation review and assessment and end user support for clinical and business systems.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve issues for existing systems resulting from errors detected during implementation or in production.
- Facilitate meetings to include setting agenda, scribing and disseminating meeting material, and problem resolution.
Additional Comments The Consolidated Business Office (CBO) is conveniently located on the grounds of the Capital District PC at 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, New York. We offer a comfortable working environment with covered parking available on site for a nominal monthly fee.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #45173 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.