Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
1. A Bachelor's degree in a lab science field is required, preferably in the chemical sciences.
2. A minimum of two years of relevant work experience. Work related experience in an educational setting is a plus.
3. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a laboratory environment is essential.
4. Experience working with with laboratory equipment associated with Natural Science laboratories, hazardous material handling and disposal, and a working knowledge of appropriate chemical handling processes.
5. A flexible work schedule for support of laboratories is required.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred than the candidate have:
1. A Master's degree in a lab science field, preferably in the chemical sciences. A Master's degree may be substituted for one year of relevant work experience.
2. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of safe laboratory practices and experience with hazardous chemicals and biological materials, will be able to recognize potentially hazardous situations, and will act appropriately in those situations. Ideal candidates will possess a strong work ethic, good record keeping skills and the ability to maintain a neat and orderly environment/laboratory
Duties Description The Instructional Support Associate or Technician will work collaboratively with colleagues and faculty who teach and/or coordinate laboratory courses offered by the Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and the students who are enrolled in those courses.
General duties of the candidate will include preparation and dismantling of laboratory experiments, ordering of supplies including chemicals, biological supplies, maintenance of SDS, and associated duties. Preparation of labs may include any or all of the following: assembling equipment, preparing solutions, laying out glassware and specimens, and preparation of any supplies requested by the Instructor. These lab preps are in the physical, biological and chemical sciences, with an emphasis on chemistry-related laboratories.
The incumbent will be required to:
1. Prepare laboratories with the appropriate equipment, solutions, glassware, specimens, and supplies as deemed necessary by the instructor.
2. Prepare and set up specialized educational materials and equipment.
3. Supervise work-study student(s) working in his/her preparation areas; train and teach safety techniques and lab prep protocols.
4. Order supplies and prepare purchase requisitions as required for the operation and maintenance of laboratories. This will include following up on deliveries.
5. Clean and maintain lab glassware, materials and equipment.
6. Maintain up-to-date SDS files in conjunction with other support staff.
7. Update and maintain the computerized chemical inventory database in conjunction with other support staff.
8. Prepare hazardous laboratory wastes for disposal and coordinate their disposal with the campus Environmental Health and Safety Officer.
9. Maintain the inventory of supplies and chemicals in conjunction with other support staff.
10. Schedule repair and maintenance visits with authorized contractors and facilities personnel.
11. Stand for long periods of time, perform activities requiring the use of manual dexterity, carry loads up to 30 pounds, in addition to lifting and moving equipment and supplies.
12. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and be respirator fit-tested.
13. Be flexible and adaptable for supporting laboratories taught days and evenings.
Additional Comments No emailed or hard copy resumes or cover letters will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr and click on "Current Openings." Thank you.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNo emailed or hard copy resumes or cover letters will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr and click on "Current Openings." Thank you.