Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Any Current Infection Control Nurse or anyone eligible for a
APPOINTMENT: NOTE: If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory re-employment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a license and current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State and on the current Civil Service list or eligible to take the Civil Service Exam
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to:
• Oversight of the Infection Control and Prevention Program.
• Ensuring the adherence to established infection control standards and policies.
• Serving as a resource for the understanding of infection control and isolation techniques, practices, and policies. Making certain that employees at all levels understand the need to haves alternative programming plans and the need to keep a unit back in the face of multiple individuals with illness on a unit.
• Ensures that the infection control policies and therapies are current, as per CDC and DOH recommendations.
• Collaborates with Staff Development & Training to develop and provide education/training programs for staff and classroom programs for the individuals we serve.
• Assist with Nurse training.
• Completes environmental rounds quarterly. Works with the Environmental Rounds Committee to identify and remove hazards of infection, in compliance with OSHA.
• Works with the Health and Safety Committee to review progress in illness prevention.
• Maintains close communication with Personnel and Administration regarding infection problems for the campus and the community.
• Works with staff to provide assistance and counseling regarding Occupational Injury and Exposures.
• Oversees the new employee evaluations for TB testing, immunization records and immunization titers as needed (blood work), in compliance with the NYSDOH.
• Oversees the annual Employee Influenza Vaccine clinics.
• Serve as a liaison to the local Departments of Health and to area hospitals and Infection Control Committees.
• Oversees the specialty clinics set up by Medical Services – optometry and podiatry, as well as works with the Dental Department and the Psychiatrist.
• Assists and coordinates laboratory services with AMC and other laboratories as needed for getting needed testing completed.
• Campus AED Program.
• Manage Patient Care Electronic Equipment on the Campus.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.