Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Two years of experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled trade worker or completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course.
Preferred Qualifications: Skilled in one or more trades; Demonstrates computer literacy; Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions; Valid NYS driver’s license
Duties Description Maintenance Assistants perform a variety of semiskilled maintenance, repair, and related activities. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Operates machine tools;
• Performs routine replacement and repair of plumbing and steamfitting;
• Cuts, welds, and brazes a variety of metal materials and equipment;
• Semiskilled carpentry activities;
• Operates and maintains heating and hot water equipment;
• Assists in repairing and maintaining locks;
• Semiskilled masonry repairs and installation activities;
• Repairs, rebuilds, and assists in installing roofs;
• Assists in painting and decorating work by performing interior and exterior painting;
• Routine tasks of the electrical trade, including repairing electrical equipment;
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments The ATC is a tobacco free facility.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue