Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree* and four years of experience in computer or network security, cyber threat analysis, critical data or intelligence analysis, including open source intelligence research, or network administration in the military, private or public sector organization.
*Appropriate cyber security experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
NOTE: Due to the anticipated response to this announcement, your resume must clearly define how you meet the minimum qualifications outlined above or you will be disqualified from consideration of an interview.
Duties Description • Serve as a subject matter expert in cyber security incident response
• Conduct outreach to non-Executive agencies, local governments, and public authorities to discuss cyber security policies, programs, and infrastructure
• Identify best cyber security practices for the following domains: information technology assets; critical operating systems; cyber security policies and procedures; protecting sensitive data; anti-virus malware; software and systems updating/patching; incident response and recovery; personnel and training; etc.
• Conduct cyber security assessments for various state and local agencies to include cyber risk assessments, network scans, and cyber threat and vulnerability analysis – and make recommendations for mitigating cyber risks
• Effectively communicate cyber security details and technical analysis to audiences within an organization
• Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of cyber security issues and emerging trends
• Liaison with cyber security industry experts to maintain knowledge of cyber trends and techniques, with specific focus on Critical Infrastructure
• Investigate, document, and report on cyber security issues and emerging trends
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with state and local officials regarding cyber threats and vulnerabilities
• Help develop and disseminate actionable strategic, technical, and tactical cyber information and intelligence to non-Executive agencies, local governments, and public authorities through weekly, monthly, or ad hoc reports, briefings, and presentations
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate cyber security information impacting non-Executive agencies, local governments, and public authorities
• Support cyber security meetings, presentations, seminars, etc., to foster information-sharing and enhance awareness
• Support training exercises targeted to non-Executive agencies, local governments, and public authorities on cyber security best practices
• Coordinate fieldwork for on-site cyber security assessments
• Consult with various agencies and organizations on cyber security best practices
• Help develop cyber security incident response plans, processes, and procedures
• Monitor cyber incident phone line, and respond to reported incidents swiftly
• Provide Cyber Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms an actionable incident, such as a detected cyber-attack, malware, or ransomware
• Determine root causes of a cyber incident and work with affected agencies to implement efficient remediation plans
• Detect host and network based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies
• Use incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations for improvements
Additional Comments *These are permanent positions. The appointment is temporary until the position classification has been approved as Non-Competitive at which time the appointment type will change to Permanent.
**These positions require travel. Work hours vary significantly based on operational need
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in minimum qualifications and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.