Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in intelligence analysis or in conducting homeland security, counter terrorism or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. One year of experience must have been at the supervisory level. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of general experience.
Duties Description • Develop, modify and evaluate policies and protocols governing team deployment, operation and outreach.
• Manage the daily activities of HSPA and program professional teams and work groups to optimize efforts, identify deficiencies, utilize fiscal resources effectively and meet program objectives in an efficient manner.
• Secure resources for successful staff deployment prior to assignment, identify and implement continued staff requirements, monitor progress, review results and conduct performance reviews. Perform all administrative supervisory tasks as required.
• Develop contacts within the partner/stakeholder and maintain cordial and effective working relationships.
• Periodically meet with stakeholders to answer questions, review program rollout and determine the effectiveness of program planning and implementation.
• Respond to partner/stakeholder issues to better understand their position and work collaboratively to resolve differences within the parameters of agency policies, protocols, procedures and mandated rules and regulations.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for team members, program managers and agency senior staff.
• Review, evaluate or develop viable complex policies, programs and procedures which facilitate the mission of the program/agency and encompass current best practices in the functional program area. Present policy/program analyses and recommendations to DHSES executives and senior staff.
• Collect and analyze data on homeland security, public safety and emergency services issues and practices to compare new and innovative approaches in order to facilitate the development and implementation of new initiatives advancing the agency’s mission.
• Represent DHSES to a wide variety of stakeholders/partners in a variety of formats providing professional expertise on assigned program and agency issues.
• Perform other duties as required.
Additional Comments Proficiency in the Spanish language is preferred but not required.
• Experience in classroom instruction, group facilitation and training is preferred but not required.
*Work schedule may vary based on operational need. Travel is required
*These are permanent positions. The appointment is temporary until the position classification has been approved as Non-Competitive at which time the appointment type will change to Permanent.
Location pay is $3,026.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.