Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience* in public relations, social media, and digital communications.
*An Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Social Media, Digital Communications or similar degrees can substitute for the experience on a year for year basis, with 30 credits equaling one year of experience.
Experience with government services, such as human resources, contracting, or finance is preferred. The preferred candidate will have a proven ability to write for varied audiences using plain language standards; the ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat; knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (Oracle preferred) and best practices; experience using social media applications for government communications, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Medium, and HootSuite; experience using Google, HootSuite, Twitter analytics, and Facebook Insights to track customer reach and engagement; experience editing websites, particularly in the Drupal content management system.
In addition, though not required, bilingual candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
Duties Description The Public Information Specialist 1 (Digital Content) will join the OGS Business Services Center’s (BSC) Customer Care team to assist managing online communications and improve the BSC’s ability to reach its customers and provide online self-service tools and information. The incumbent will work closely with BSC management and staff to solicit ideas and uncover program areas under-served by digital communications. Duties include:
• Consulting with BSC staff for all digital communications needs, including new or revised web content, email announcements, training, social media, and online documents and forms.
• Applying user experience design and information architecture to disseminate complex topics and write customer-oriented online information.
• Monitoring online information for accuracy and timeliness.
• Performing web edits through Drupal Content Management System.
• Defining web-based training format and style for a variety of customer groups.
• Designing email and social media campaigns, and scheduling social media posts through agency channels.
• Identifying and coordinating appropriate media needs for program initiatives, including graphics, photography, and video.
• Leveraging web and CRM analytics to assess and enhance online customer engagement.
• Creating web and social media key performance indicator reports.
Additional Comments The position includes an extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits. Overtime may be required.
Status is temporary pending Civil Service Commission Approval of Permanent, Non-Competitive Class status.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.