Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Two years of full-time, verifiable experience in custodial, grounds, or maintenance operation or assisting in a journey-level trade. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Provide oral or written instructions to Facility Operations Assistant 1 (FOA) crews, contract cleaners and garage labor crews.
• Plan and schedule staff assignments and cleaning services.
• Provide leadership of daily cleaning activities in office, hallway and bathroom areas.
• Provide directions to staff when services that vary from routine operations are requested.
• Perform nightly inspections of buildings and assigned areas for compliance with cleaning standards to insure that areas are being cleaned properly.
• Respond to tenant complaints of unsatisfactory cleaning performance and take corrective action to avoid repetition and resolve problems.
• Manage and assign staff to emergency cleaning projects.
• Answer questions and assists Supervising Janitor and Head Janitors.
• Lead small groups of FOA’s on special cleaning assignments or projects.
• Check cleaning contractor to assure building and garage areas are being cleaned on a nightly basis.
• Communicate with others for exchanging any information on cleaning assignments or duties.
• Operate cleaning equipment and oversee the operation of cleaning equipment.
• Distribute cleaning materials and equipment to teams and crews.
• Assign specific projects to subordinates for completion.
• • Must have ability to learn basic construction trades such as but not limited to plumbing, electricity and carpentry.
• Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New York State motor vehicle operator's license.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
Additional Comments Application Process - Candidates are required to provide specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience with the Application for Posted Position (ADM 227). This information should be on the letterhead of the employer under whom the qualifying experience was gained and include names and titles of supervisors, duties performed during the training period and specific dates of employment and be signed by that employer.
• Candidates qualifying through the completion of appropriate course work should include a copy of their transcript or listing of course work completed.
• A copy of a trades union card is acceptable documentary proof of qualification.
• Candidates who do not submit appropriate documentary proof that they meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered for appointment.
Per Agreement between the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc. and the State of New York, Article 45 (c) the requirement to prove qualification shall rest with the employee.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.