Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Associates Degree plus five years relevant experience or High School Diploma plus eight years relevant experience.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years construction industry experience with public or private projects including construction inspection or supervision of major public construction projects. Minimum two years supervisory experience. Working knowledge and experience with construction systems (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred).
• Demonstrated construction field experience including sequencing and installation of work.
• Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
• Ability to lead and/or participate in team endeavors.
• Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Field Representative assists the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in all aspects of a construction project or projects, including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, contract administration and monitoring, and evaluating and making recommendations related to project budgets and schedules.
• Observes installation of the work by contractors on a daily basis ensuring compliance with construction documents.
• Coordinates the work of all trades.
• Interprets contract plans and specifications.
• Schedules and supervises required testing and commissioning, and monitors results.
• Attends job meetings, progress meetings and coordination meetings.
• Prepares notes and minutes of meetings and coordinates the associated follow-up.
• Estimates costs and monitors the project budget.
• Reviews and monitors project schedule and reports observations to Project Manager.
• Reviews consultant and contractor progress payments.
• Prepares, evaluates and makes recommendations to Project Manager related to change order proposals.
• Evaluates claims and makes recommendations to Project Manager.
• Develops and maintains records for the project or program including contract documents, files, logs, lists and other records, and utilizes project management system (Contract Manager) for recording all project activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct surveys and inspections of existing and potential Dormitory Authority facilities to determine design and construction deficiencies and to determine rehabilitation requirements.
• May train and evaluate employees.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees may be required.
Weekly travel may be required, depending on assignment, using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.). Requires physical mobility, strength, dexterity and coordination. Requires endurance, concentration and complex and time-pressured decision-making. Requires the ability to see, hear, smell, touch and distinguish colors. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
May be standard office environment or a construction site. Requires the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.