Minimum Qualifications The New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) has embarked on a multi-year initiative, called the Redesign Project, that will require significant investment to redesign its business processes and legacy systems, replacing them with an integrated, customer focused, information system that facilitates its work.
When the Redesign Project is complete, NYSLRS will possess a modern information system, ready to meet the needs of its customers and stakeholders in a secure, flexible and stable environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this position.
• At least eight (8) years of software administration experience, at least one (1) year of which must be supervising in an IT environment, (e.g., Electronic Content Management (ECM), Enterprise Relationship Management (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM)).
• Experience must include the following, which may be concurrent:
o One (1) year experience participating in planning, analysis, coordination, execution and maintenance of software application implementations;
o One (1) year experience coordinating with IT system program and project staff in order to manage the interoperability and compatibility between software products and application customizations ensuring business functions are maintained through upgrade and patching cycles; and
o One (1) year experience performing diagnostics on system operations to identify problems and trends and monitoring system performance both to prevent future problems and to react to unforeseen system issues through the use of automated system tools.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the general experience.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Software Administration Assistant Manager, the Project Assistant/Software Administration Supervisor will be charged with the following responsibilities:
• Supervise the monitoring of the new Retirement Benefit Administration System including all supporting software packages and/or any other third party packages procured in the development of the new Retirement Benefit Administration System.
• Collaborate with systems and business personnel to coordinate the proper application of system updates, including technical and non-technical staff, vendors and business partners, as needed.
• Supervise the development and implementation of policies that support the secure, efficient and consistent implementation and maintenance of software components of the LOB system.
• Supervise and assist in the development of maintenance procedures and practices used in ensuring efficiency, reliability, and effectiveness of the LOB solution or third party software by applying timely updates, fixes and patches.
• Supervise the development and documentation of the procedures and practices used to administer the new Retirement Benefit Administration System including policies for the use of administrative tools and techniques.
• Review the development and updating of procedures for maintaining systems including research available information and standards for maintaining such information, review and write procedures, communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical staff to implement new procedures as necessary.
• Work with management to build training plans for staff to support software components of the new Retirement Benefit Administration System.
• Collaborate regularly and effectively with NYSLRS' selected implementation solution vendor, CIO technical support teams and other redesign technical resources on software and system issues as identified.
• Supervise staff's efforts to trouble-shoot and debug software issues, participating as needed.
• Supervise the development of technical and/or functional requirements for inclusion in software requests necessary to support the new Retirement Benefit Administration System.
• Supervise the development and execution of automated scripts and testing as needed.
• Mentor and assist subordinate staff with all administrative, technical and project related requirements.
Additional Comments PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Demonstrated experience administering any of the following software:
• PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.1, including:
o Human Capital Management (HCM)
o Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
o Learning Management
• Oracle Policy Administration (OPA) and Policy Modeling
• Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics (OBIA)
• Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
• Oracle WebLogic Suite
• Oracle SOA Suite
• Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) Suite
• Oracle Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Manager (GRC)
• Phire Architect
• AMC Express Agent (MCIS)
• Adobe RoboHelp Server
• IBM Rational Performance Virtual Testers
• Merkur Group Delivery Ware Base Server, Rules Engine, Image Recognition Module, Connector for PeopleSoft.
• Business Intelligence (BI) Administration Tool
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated experience ascertaining the various methods available to accomplish maintenance tasks and to determine which methods to use under varying conditions in order to improve customer service;
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting application, network communications, and storage communications problems utilizing diagnostic tools to trace and resolve technical problems;
• Demonstrated experience tracking and resolving problems which impact continuing system operations;
• Demonstrated experience documenting procedures pertaining to server maintenance, configuration, change and release management;
• Demonstrated experience addressing new software maintenance requirements and server outages;
• Ability to effectively assist in leading a team, with responsibility for assisting in managing a cohesive staff to ensure achievement of objectives;
• Knowledge of retirement benefits administration business requirements and their fulfillment through specific IT capabilities and practices;
• Excellent oral and written communication;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Demonstrated experience administering or utilizing any of the following software:
o Oracle Enterprise Data Quality
o Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA)
o CA ESP Workload Automation Business Agent for PeopleSoft
o Micro focus Net Express COBOL
• Demonstrated experience with any of the following hardware:
o IBM x3650 M2 Server
o IBM Storage - DS8800
o IBM P770
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the completed template
(http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/07888_Template_11_2017.doc) to email@example.com or the address listed below by November 16, 2017. Please reference Item # 07888 BV in subject line when responding. (The Vacancy ID at the top of this posting should not be included).
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate
they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based
SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT; It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your
experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that
you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY
DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions
will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.