Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Either 1: a bachelor’s degree in a human service field* AND three years post-bachelor’s qualifying experience;**
Or 2: a master’s degree in a human service field* AND two years of post-bachelor’s qualifying experience;**
0r 3: a master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling AND one year of post-bachelor’s qualifying experience.**
* For the purpose of these examinations, human service field includes disciplines related to the following: addiction studies; child and family studies; communication disorders; community health; education; gerontology; health administration; human services; nursing; nutrition; occupational therapy; physical therapy; psychology; recreation therapy, including art, dance, drama, and music; rehabilitation counseling; social work; and sociology.
** Qualifying Experience: To qualify for the examination you must have professional experience providing vocational, psychosocial, or rehabilitative/habilitative services in an agency primarily serving individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities, mental illness, or addictions. Internship experience does not count if it was credited toward the qualifying degree.
one year as a Rehabilitation Counselor 1 AND a bachelor’s degree in a human service field* or NYS licensure as a Registered Nurse.
* For the purpose of these examinations, human service field includes disciplines related to the following: addictions studies; child and family studies; communication disorders; community health; education; gerontology; health administration; human services; nursing; nutrition; occupational therapy; physical therapy; psychology; recreation therapy, including art, dance, drama, and music; rehabilitation counseling; social work; and sociology.
Any permanent Rehabilitation Counselor 2
Anyone currently on the Civil Service list for this title
Any current employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Region 2 Licensed Psychologist Clinical Supports Team Leader, the Eligibility Specialist / START Specialist will perform the role of Eligibility team member and Systemic, Therapeutic, Assessment, Resources and Treatment (START) liaison for the six counties of the Sunmount region. The primary function of this role is to assist in facilitating the eligibility process and working in an inter-systems approach to support people who are in crisis and have a Developmental Disability.
• Work collaboratively with people with developmental disabilities, their families and advocates, and service providers to help them navigate the eligibility process.
• Complete assessments which may include the Adaptive Behavior Assessment System – Third Edition (ABAS) and Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR).
• Participate in the monthly eligibility committee meetings and possibly fill-in to facilitate in the absence of the coordinator.
• Assist in the roll out and ongoing facilitation of the Systemic, Therapeutic, Assessment, Resources and Treatment (START) program in the Sunmount catchment area.
• Assist in crisis management.
• Participate in the Risk Assessment Committee (RAC) an advisory committee that reviews and provides feedback regarding Risk Assessments and Risk Management Plans.
• Back up Forensic Liaison, as needed.
• Facilitate Front Door informational sessions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please Note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintain eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.