Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties Description Under the provisions of the Paid Family Leave (PFL) program, the Department of Financial Services (DFS) has been charged with implementing a data warehouse that will not only be used by DFS, but also the Workers Compensation Board, the Department of Health and other agencies. DFS is seeking applicants for the position of Statistical Analyst Manager to assist in leading agency efforts to develop, test, and execute statistical computing models on large Paid Family Leave (PFL) and related data sets for the Data Warehouse. This includes playing an important and sensitive role in decision-making and policy-making activities.
The incumbent will assist in overseeing the PFL data warehouse team efforts and will work with other policy makers to frame issues related to PFL implementation. The incumbent will provide expertise as to what data is needed to support policy decisions and be involved in confidential, high level discussions about acquisition, publication and security of data related to PFL. The incumbent will also serve as a liaison in representing DFS to agency staff, governmental officials and industry representatives.
Under supervision, the Statistical Analyst Manager duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assisting DFS actuarial team in developing PFL premium analysis and administration of the risk adjustment program;
• Developing and executive statistical computing models, including performing descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data;
• In consultation with other policymakers, developing methodologies to research PFL data sets, including conducting the research, writing confidential reports for PFL executives, developing reports for stakeholders, and preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results;
• Providing technical advice, confidential consultation and guidance on operating programs to staff and agency officials;
• Assessing the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy;
• Preparing written technical reports containing the analysis and interpretation of study findings along with recommended courses of action based on findings;
• May supervise staff as required.
• BS in Statistics, MS preferred.
• Advanced experience in Statistical Computing packages such as: SAS, R and/or SPSS;
• Advanced experience in Research Design preferred.
• Advanced Data Mining using SQL preferred
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than January 17, 2018, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box SA-00154) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 2016
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.