Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the trade or trades to which assigned.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Will be required to train and supervise others.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Will be required to plan and lay out work, develop time and material lists for projects assigned.
• Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Basic computer skills preferred
• Valid NYS driver’s License
Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled journey-level position, which would provide training that is equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprentice training in a trade or training gained by the completion of technical courses in a trade at a school or institute may be substituted for the above experience on a year-for-year basis.
Duties Description • Performs a variety of carpentry related duties including but not limited to installations and repairs of flooring, repair and adjustment of doors and hardware, stairs, railings and replacement of ceiling tile.
• Performs minor electrical duties including but not limited to replacing receptacles, light fixtures, and circuit breakers.
• Perform concrete flat work including but not limited to sidewalks, patios, and floors.
• Repair, install and at times maintain plumbing fixtures and appliances, including but not limited to: sinks, showers, baths, toilets, dishwashers and ice makers.
• Ability to estimate quantity of materials needed to perform work assigned.
• Ability to select and use proper tools in performing the trade assigned.
• Knowledge and ability in laying out walls and partitions in methods as noted on specified design documents and in methods generally within industry standards.
• Frame walls and install drywall.
• Perform a variety of painting related duties including preparing surfaces, priming, and painting. Applies plaster and other troweled materials to walls, ceilings, floors, and finish to smooth condition.
• Be able to work off ladders and scaffolds.
• Acts as lead tradesman in task assigned and provide supervision and guidance to others.
• Must be able to work independently as well as with others in the assigned team.
• Ability to schedule work with other trades in order to keep jobs on schedule and to achieve the desired outcome.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
• May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by January 17, 2018 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Hudson Valley DDSO
P O Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingPerforms Journeyman level duties as part of a regional construction crew that will perform renovations at OPWDD’s properties. The incumbent must be able to work effectively both independently and as a cohesive group made up of other tradespeople in order to achieve the desired goals often within critical time frames.