Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications This position is being posted pending DOB approval to fill. Any appointment made to this position is subject to DOB guidelines for processing personnel transactions.
Reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
NYS employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent permanent or 55-B/C service in a title that is eligible to 70.1 transfer under Civil Service Law. For appointment to a two-year traineeship leading to Accountant Aide, G-13:
1) Reachable on appropriate Civil Service eligible list OR
2) Eligible for Transfer:
To be appointed at the Trainee 1 level, equated to G-9, the candidate must have satisfactorily completed six (6) college level semester credit hours in accounting from an accredited institution. Should this position be filled at the Trainee 1 level, the minimum beginning salary will be $33,752.
To be appointed to the Trainee 2 level, equated to G-11, the candidate must have satisfactorily completed nine (9) college level semester credit hours in accounting from an accredited institution.
To successfully complete the traineeship, or to be appointed at full journey level G-13 position, the candidate must have satisfactorily completed 12 college level semester credit hours in accounting from an accredited institution.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Associate Investment Officer, the incumbent must be able to perform the following essential functions:
· Maintain a working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in the development, examination, review and analysis of financial and accounting records including the preparation of reports, statements and reconciliations.
· Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and the ability to effectively prioritize work based on various deadlines.
· Address inquiries from Treasury, bank and agency personnel regarding various accounts.
· Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
· Maintain comprehensive documentation of unit policies and procedures.
· Update and maintain various databases.
· Oversight and problem resolution on production of checks and electronic payments.
· Perform other related accounting activities and special projects as required.
· Adhere to the Department’s time and attendance requirements
This position is at Treasury's downtown offices, located at 110 State Street, Albany, NY. Parking may be available at the Office of General Service's peripheral parking lots.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume, including current title, how you qualify, and your social security number for verification. Please reference the vacancy ID number.