Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Westchester Office, 220 White Plains Road
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must be currently permanent in the title of Licensed Psychologist;
2. Must be active and reachable on the NYS Civil Service eligible list for Licensed Psychologist;
3. Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service (must be within 2 grades of targeted title AND meet the required minimum qualifications listed below);
4. If you meet the minimum qualifications noted below, you may submit a completed NYS-APP form to the Personnel Office for scoring.
Open Competitive: Current license to practice psychology issued by the New York State Department of Education and currently
registered to practice psychology in New York State.
Promotion: Current license to practice psychology issued by the New York State Department of Education and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State AND one year of permanent competitive or 55(b) (c) service as an Associate
Psychologist or Psychologist 2.
Duties Description • Providing psychological services to individuals in approximately 4 state operated residences.
• Writing Behavior Support Plans, Functional Behavior Assessments, behavioral summaries for psychiatric consults, completing capacity to consent assessments.
• Participating in a multidisciplinary treatment team effort to provide optimal supports and services, attending ISPs, Res Habs, and other meetings as needed.
• Assist with implementation of initiatives and discipline specific projects as applicable.
• Participate as a member of the Psychology Department, which includes attending monthly meetings and performing specialized assessments, as needed, and specific to licensed clinicians.
• Clinical leadership and supervision of Master’s Level Psychologists, as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by January 17, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470