Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must be a permanent, full-time Developmental Assistant 2;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Assistant 2 or
Paraprofessional Careers in Mental Hygiene promotional list. If you qualify, please attach a copy of your
score from Civil Service to your Form HV-PO 161;
Developmental Assistant 1 eligible for 70.1 transfer to the Developmental Assistant 2 title (successful
candidate must satisfactorily serve one year as a Developmental Assistant 1 before being eligible to be
promoted to the Developmental Assistant 2);
Direct Support Assistant (Gr. 9) eligible for 70.1 transfer to a Developmental Assistant Trainee. Your
Application will only be considered if there are insufficient in-title or eligible list candidates (successful
candidate must satisfactorily complete a competency-based training program and satisfactorily serve one
year as a Developmental Assistant 1 before being eligible to be promoted to the Developmental Assistant 2).
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description • Supervise direct care staff in ADL training and daily program intervention.
• Complete yearly performance evaluations on direct care staff.
• Assist administration in daily assignment of direct care staff.
• Participate in direct hands-on daily programming for individuals.
• Drive and schedule/monitor use of van.
• Assist in ordering supplies and equipment.
• Supervise housekeeping, food service and motor vehicle operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal care of individuals residing in the home will be required.
CPR, First Aid, Medication, and SCIP/PROMOTE Certification will be required by release date.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by January 12, 2017, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingAs a Developmental Assistant 2, you will supervise and work with direct care staff to provide motivation and attend to the personal daily living needs of individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead better lives.