Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
327 Columbia Turnpike
Minimum Qualifications Seven (7) years professional experience in Information Technology; five (5) years of which must have included professional experience in design, development, implementation of large scale server farms; four (4) years of which must have included comprehensive experience managing a team in the planning, developing, testing, and implementing of large scale server farm; five (5) years of which must have included experience in directing performance measurements and performance tuning for large scale server farms; Experience prioritizing goals, implementing programs, and allocating resources; and three (3) years of which must have included comprehensive experience load balancing network and application servers.
• The candidate should have a strong understanding of systems architecture and distributed system architecture to assist in planning, growth and scalability as well as adopting new methods and frameworks based on modern principles. The candidate should have a minimum of 1 year of network architecture experience, understanding network topologies and have a solid understanding of enterprise data communications routing procedures and techniques to assist and plan for future growth. The candidate should possess an understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) as it relates to Data center operations, management and buildout. The candidate should have a working knowledge of how to decouple components of system in a datacenter to migrate certain services off site, potentially into a cloud based environment. The candidate should understand performance fundamentals in a distributed architectural environment. This includes, but is not limited to, storage optimization, processor utilization and memory allocation. The candidate should possess a minimum 2-year experience in directory maintenance, storage administration, and system administrative tasks in running a virtualized environment. The candidate should possess a firm grasp on pricing or procurement and understand the amount of time and effort it should take to do basic maintenance, upgrades and basic operations of a datacenter. The candidate should possess the knowledge to estimate “right size” recommendations in terms of the required processing and storage requirements given other system details (e.g. number of records, members, transactions etc.). The candidate should possess an eagerness to stay abreast of industry leading best practices and bring them to the attention of the leadership team for consideration in future planning. The candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties Description The Project Coordinator G-27 will be the primary technical resource reporting directly to supervising Project Coordinator G-29, and will have responsibility for the technical aspects of the New York State of Health Marketplace (NYSOH). This includes hardware, software and technical infrastructure in support of the design, development and implementation of the NYSOH. Specific duties include:
• Assist in architectural planning, growth and scalability of the NYSOH.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining enterprise technology standards.
• Monitor the SOA technology platform upon which SOA services are built.
• Oversees the system performance tuning, improvements and balancing of the system.
• Primary technical point of contact with the NYSOH System Integrator.
• Ensures functionality is integrated with other applications.
• Interface with the security team and application team and have a firm grasp of how these interactions should work, offering advice and recommendations to help those interconnected teams fulfill their mission.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, JB/PC/00443, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or fax to (518)473-3395, or by email to email@example.com, with Reference Code JB/PC/00443 included in the subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until January 10, 2018.