Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
2295 Millersport Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful completion of a NYS two-year Electrician Traineeship or NYS two-year electrician training program; OR successful completion of any equivalent electrical two-year training or apprenticeship program;* OR four (4) years of full-time experience in the electrical trade under a skilled journey-level electrician which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in the electrical trade or training gained by completion of technical courses in the electrical trade at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
*Successful completion of the traineeship and the training program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific classroom instruction, 45 hours of technical math coursework, 45 hours of technical communications coursework, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading coursework. Coursework must be completed with an average of C or better. Additionally, successful completion of the traineeship also includes 4,000 hours of on-the-job training.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Electrician is responsible for all electrical work including the planning and laying out of work and the diagnosis of trouble in electrical systems or equipment in an assigned area, on an assigned project or for an entire district.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs journeyman level electrical duties.
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in electrical trade.
• Repairs, maintains, and installs electrical systems and equipment including but not limited to fixtures, motors, load centers, relays, controls, circuitry, and related equipment in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
• Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test instruments such as ammeter, volt meter and ohmmeter.
• Plans new or modifies installations consistent with specifications and national electrical code.
• Will be required to plan and lay out work, develop time and material lists for projects assigned.
• Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Tests, adjusts, calibrates and maintains a wide variety of control equipment, including but not limited to building heating, air conditioning, and ventilating equipment controls for refrigeration; and for a wide variety of other equipment and systems.
• Performs maintenance, and preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment including but not limited to bathroom exhaust fans, clothes dryers, sump pumps and generators.
• Will be required to train and supervise others.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
• May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Candidate will be trained in the operations and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé (Include detailed information and documentation how you meet the minimum qualifications specified for this position) by 1/5/2018 to:
Human Resources Management Office
1200 East and West Road
Building 1, West Seneca Campus
West Seneca, NY 14224
Fax: (716) 517-3715
**Please reference EOA # 2017-1007 in all correspondence**