Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on current Civil Service list for the title being canvassed or one year of permanent, competitive class service in a title eligible for transfer via 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Possible transfers may include but are not limited to the following: Information Technology Specialist 2, Information Technology Specialist 2 Programming, Administrative Assistant, Senior Personnel Administrator, Contract Management Specialist 1, Senior Administrative Analyst, Senior Budgeting Analyst, Senior Internal Auditor.
If you have questions about your transfer eligibility, please feel free to contact the Personnel Department.
Duties Description Incumbents of these positions work closely with program staff and other stakeholders to define and develop requirements for new or existing systems and business processes. Under the Supervision of a Project Manager 1, the Business Systems Analyst 1, will work as a liaison between stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. Duties may include:
• Conducting general requirements gathering activities for improvement or automation of simple processes or functions
• Researching and documenting the current or "as-is" state of the relevant business process or function
• Utilizing basic requirement elicitation techniques such as individual interviews, surveys, and documentation reviews
• Functioning as a recording analyst on more complex group interviews
• Creating process, data, or other models utilizing modeling techniques requiring a lower level of training and experience
• Participating in the implementation of system or interface change and enhancements
• Post implementation review and assessment
• Participating in LEAN activities throughout the Agency
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Also include your current Civil Service title. Candidates should mail a resume and cover letter to 15 Computer Drive West, Personnel, Albany, NY 12205 or fax to 518-437-1618. Resumes may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.