Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Stoneham IRA, 15 Stoneham Lane
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Habilitation Specialist 1, grade 14;
2. Must be active and reachable on the current Civil Service Eligible List for Habilitation Specialist 1;
3. Qualified for a provisional* appointment to Habilitation Specialist 1.
Minimum qualifications for current New York State Employee:
A bachelor’s degree in human services field and one-year permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a clinical or direct care position.
Minimum qualifications for outside applicant:
A bachelor’s degree in human services field and one-year direct care or clinical experience in an organization whose primary focus is providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
NOTE: A master’s degree in a human services field may be substituted for the degree and experience described above.
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description • Develop Residential Habilitation Plans that address the outcomes as reflected in the ISP as well as the needs and interests of assigned individuals. Plans will address independence, integration, individualization and productivity.
• Develop and maintain house-specific and individual-specific Plans of Protective Oversight.
• Provide oversight to assigned homes and bring issues/concerns to the attention of appropriate team members.
• Provide guidance to all direct care staff in all areas related to Residential Habilitation.
• Develop Personal Expenditure Plan for each individual ensuring that individuals’ desires and interests are met and money is budgeted to meet such.
• Ensure all Residential Habilitation documents are filed in the individuals records, in proper order, and that records are neatly maintained per regulation and policy.
• Provide input to the House Manager and/or Recreation staff in the planning of community inclusion activities that are appropriate to each individual’s interests and abilities.
• Other duties to be discussed at time of interview and as assigned.
NOTE: Travel will be required.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: HVDDSO Employees: Obtain form HV-PO 161 and submit December 19, 2017, to:
Other OPWDD Employees: Submit cover letter and résumé by December 19, 2017, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, Option 3, Option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.