Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications New York State employees with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as a Program Aide (Title formally known as Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide); OR New York State employees with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status in a position allocated to a Grade 11 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Program Aide (Title formally known as Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide) Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Program Aide (Title formally known as Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide) is available for review in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will provide para-professional administrative support to OGS HR’s Personnel Services Unit. Under the direction of an Associate Director of HR 1, the Program Aide will perform the following duties:
• Coordinate and organize bi-weekly onboarding sessions, and manage the collection of I-9s, Oaths of Office, and other critical onboarding paperwork.
• Manage the outreach and collection of performance programs on a monthly basis, which would also include conducting cursory reviews of performance programs received in Human Resources, making revisions/updates as necessary to existing forms, and coordinating with the Public Information Office to upload the new forms to the agency Intranet.
• Provide administrative support in the agency’s decentralized examination program, including monitoring exam submissions, downloading of data from the Civil Service portal, creating an excel spreadsheet or database, and coding and managing the applicants upon list establishment.
• Create score letters and canvasses generated from the examination database.
• Coordinate all arrangements for supplies for College and Job fairs, assist in the set-up and take-down of displays, and maintain records of all events attended.
• Responsible for the accurate tracking, analysis and communication of information utilizing a variety of programs to support Human Resources operations; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) programs is required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.