Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer: Eligible for lateral transfer, a 52.6 transfer or a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Note: Candidates who are currently on the eligible list for the Associate Budgeting Analyst in Albany need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description The duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Reviewing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and contracts;
• Coding invoices, processing interagency payments, processing personnel transactions, developing budget journals, tracking expenditures and formulating cash plans;
• Assisting in the development of OTDA's State Budget Request, reviewing legislative proposals and implementing the enacted State Budget;
• Assisting with OTDA's Budget Bulletin B-1184 processing and staff travel approvals;
• Running bi-weekly payroll reports and other reports as needed;
• Reviewing and analyzing Federal and State legislation, rules and regulations and appropriation language;
• Preparing fiscal analyses related to assigned programs;
• Serving as a liaison to the New York State Division of the Budget and counterparts throughout OTDA for assigned programs;
• Supervising staff may be required in the near future;
• Performing other duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments You must be a current New York State employee to apply for this position. A full-time, permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #17-173 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #17-173 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.