Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Contract Management Specialist 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Contract Management Specialist 2; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Contract Management Specialist 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov
Duties Description As a Contract Management Specialist 2, the incumbent will be knowledgeable and experienced in completing of all the duties and functions of a Contract Management Specialist, as well as training and possible supervision of other staff in the planning, development, and implementation of modern procurement methods and documents. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Supervising and/or assisting team members in the processing and administration of a wide variety of contracts involving complex matters or negotiations and contract related activities.
• Ensuring that work conforms to agency and statewide purchasing policies and/or agency requirements or needs.
• Ensuring that established time frames are met for issuance of bid solicitations and contract documentation.
• Keeping management apprised of any possible problems or delays in processing contracts or the proper administration of team contracts.
• Meeting with contract user customers and vendors.
• Developing, reviewing, finalizing correspondence and memoranda relating to contracting and actions taken.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.