Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 13 or higher and:
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1: Permanent competitive service as a Secretary 2, Accountant Aide, Program Aide, Business Document Specialist 3, Head Mail & Supply Clerk, Head Stores Clerk, Information Processing Trainer, Legal Assistant 1 and Trainee 2, Office Assistant 3, Office Assistant 3 (Calculations), Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources), Payroll Examiner 2, Payroll Specialist 2. Principal Data Entry Machine Operator.
Also any language parenthetic for the above titles. You will be required to demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding.
Additional titles which qualify can be found on the Department of Civil Service website, http://www.cs.ny.gov/, search ”GOT-IT.”
Duties Description This position is secretary to the Division Director and also provides key office support to Division staff. It is the main point of contact between the Executive Office and the Division. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answers and directs telephone inquiries to staff
• Provides clerical support to all Division staff
• Keeping the Division Director's calendar schedule timely and balanced
• Effectively screen and organize e-mail correspondence and other communications for the Director
• Schedule appointments, establishes meetings and or conference calls
• Opens and distributes mail to appropriate office or staff member
• Prepares and sends email and mail correspondence as needed
• Assists in the arrangements of Division conferences and staff training
• Responsible for travel arrangements and preparing travel reimbursements for staff
• Maintains inventory of office supplies and purchases supplies as needed
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.