Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
888 Fountain Avenue - Bldg 5
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently be employed by New York State as a permanent or contingent permanent Habilitation Specialist 2, OR
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services and in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer, OR
• Reachable for appointment on the Civil Service list.
• Candidates will only be considered for this position if there is insufficient in-title and/or civil service list candidates.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Duties Description JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• The incumbent will function as the facility Incident Review Coordinator, overseeing the Incident Review Process (IRMA entry, monitoring the status of investigations, liaison with OIIA and IMU).
• The incumbent will act as chairperson of the Special Review Committee, as well as liaison with State Operations to ensure timely and efficient submittal and investigation of all incidents involving the DDSO.
• The incumbent, with oversight from the Regional QM/IR Director will provide training and technical assistance on the incident process, to the facility as needed.
Additional Comments Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• If the number of interested candidates is three or fewer, the agency at its discretion may nominate a qualified employee for noncompetitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.