Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any permanent Dietitian 1 or 2
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Any permanent dietitian 1/2
Dietitian 1- Eligible for certification in NY State as a dietitian or nutritionist or registration with the American Dietetic association as a dietitian.
Minimum Qualifications: Dietitian 2- Maintains current certification in NY State as a certified dietitian/Nutritionist or maintains current registration with the American dietetic Association as a dietitian.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult with physicians and other health professionals on nutritional needs of individuals served.
• Plan and supervise the preparation of special diets/plan menus and provide recipes.
• Provide training as needed, to staff and individuals.
• Observe mealtimes with individuals
• Work as a team member of the therapeutic dining team.
• Completes annual, semi-annual, quarterly nutrition notes, for individuals.
• Assist in monitoring food budgets.
• Make recommendations to the team in regards to nutritional status.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.