Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
Preferred Qualifications: Any permanent Direct Support Assistant with Lifeguard Certification.
Note: If Selected candidate is not currently Lifeguard certified, the most senior 2 applicants will be selected upon successful completion of Lifeguard Certification. Certification must be completed within 3 months of posting end date. For the duration of the position, selected candidate must maintain Lifeguard Certification. Flexibility required when pool is closed. Schedule subject to change as needed for operation. Water Safety Instructor a plus but not required. All annual training for DSA is required to be maintained.
Selection Criteria: Based on seniority.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Lifeguarding for individuals residing on Sunmount Campus, Community Homes, Voluntary Agencies, Community members and Staff/Family swim ensuring safety for all swimmers at all times.
Schedule daily pool use, communicating changes to users/supervisors.
Track pool use, completing associated records and reports. Communication to co-workers and supervisor of issues/concerns.
Address pool and water quality maintenance along with associated inventory and work orders. Notify supervisor of any concerns.
Required to teach New Employees expectations of pool use and rules/regulations.
May be required to assist with individuals in the locker room at times.
May be required to teach Shore and Dock fishing Course for staff.
May be required to work in a Community residence for pool closures.
Other Duties as Assigned.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program\
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.