Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must be in title or on the Civil Service eligible list for this location or be eligible for transfer under section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service.
For all other qualified individuals, candidates must have:
1. Possession of a valid license with current registration to practice dentistry in New York State;
2. One year as a Dentist 1 and completion of 150 hours of post-graduate education in professional dentistry, etc. OR Two years of professional full-time post-licensure dentistry experience and completion of continuing education in the amount of 150 hours of post-graduate education acceptable to the American Academy of General Dentistry completed within the past three years.
Duties Description As a Dentist 2, responsibilities would include regular examination, treatment and complete dental care of
developmentally disabled patients in multiple New York State Article 16 Clinic locations serving a 10-
county region for up to 40 hours per week. Dentists perform extractions, prosthetics, root canal therapy,
prophylaxis, and limited periodontics; administer local anesthesia; examine and chart the dental condition
of patients; take and interpret dental X-rays; perform oral surgery; and treat oral diseases and infections.
Where appropriate, the Dentist may provide oral hygiene instruction and supervise/instruct
paraprofessional staff in performance of duties.
Additional Comments Please note:
- For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
- Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
- All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
- Employees on long term leave can bid on positions, but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their position with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
620 Westfall Rd
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter, résumé and NYS-APP by 12/15/2017 to:
(FLDDSO Employees – Fill out posting application)
OPWDD Region 1 – Finger Lakes Campus
Posting Department - HRMO
620 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14620
FAX #: (585) 461-8935